May 2010 SightingsThursday May 27
- Our Boat just got back, oh boy what a day! The Same two Humpback whales as yesterday, it turns out that they are mother and daughter maybe a year or two years old!! Then dolphins started playing around the boat and the Humpback Whales!!!!! We also saw a couple of black bears! What a day!!
Wednesday May 26
- Geord just called, he is sitting in front of Sonora Island he just told us that there are 2 Humpback whales playing in the rapids....... We have never seen this before!!! How amazing is that!
Thursday May 20
- I just got a call from The boat, They just saw 5 Orcas right outside of Painters Lodge!!!
Wednesday May 19
- we ran into that one Humpback again, A Huge Grizzly male in Philips arm, and two black bears..... one of them sawm right next to the boat!!! Got a trip going on today, lets see what we find today!!
Monday May 17
- We had a 4 hour marine wildlife safari out, I just got word that they spent 40 min. with a humpback @ deep water bay !! how amazing is that, its very rare to have humpback in our waters !!
Friday May 14
- We had 4 hour Marine Wildlife Safari Out today, they started with sea lions, Eagles feeding on Hake fish, and The Arran rapids were amazing
today! Then in Deep Water Bay there was a huge Humpback Whale!
Monday May 10
- We just got a tip that there is a pod of orcas at Baker Passage. Geord is out looking for them, could they be back for the season already?
Thursday May 6
- Hey we just saw Pender T-14 (our Transient Orca) just out side of our marina !!! How sweet is that